Finding staff

simonm

Bizarrely it also appears really hard to find someone willing to take people on. I wonder if past experience puts people off taking that risk? Especially with trainees etc. Even 'trainee' posts seem to want more and more tickets.

I don't want tickets, id put the right person through them! someone that comes on time will do a days work, does not need me to wipe his arse for him, and does not expect to be on £150 a day after doing 1 days brash dragging :001_rolleyes:, so many lads cant see past the end of their nose and realise that you wont get an easy ride through life :001_rolleyes:

For general labourers I pop an advert in a few newsagents boards in town. Of course you have to put on 'must have own transport' etc. As an aside, I had a fellow come to see me the other day who was looking for part time forestry work , he was very vague when I asked what tickets he had, so I said do you know anything at all about chainsaws, to which he replied " yes,they're very noisy" . God love us.

when I was selfemployed I got t tip off from my local machine supplier they were a forestry arb and garden sales company. the guy in charge of repairs and the workshop knew me and what I was looking for and heard what someone was looking for and passed on a number. you could put some feelers out verbally.

and yes god staff are very hard too find

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2016 at 18:29, monkeybusiness said:

I've recently found a couple of great lads after placing an ad on Arbjobs. I have recruited on here in the past too.

How much do Arbjobs charge to advertise? I was thinking about either using them or Countryside Job Service as I'm looking for a subby to join my team.

Has anyone used Countryside Job Service to find people?