Recruiting instructors.....

kevinjohnsonmbe

A college seeks to employ instructors with what appears to be a pitiful salary package and what seems to be a fairly rudimentary skills / qual's requirement via an agency that allows spelling errors in the advertisement....

Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't present an image of a particularly polished organisation nor does it instil confidence in the output.

Value for money for those potentially enrolling on the course?

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/employment/97315-aboriculture-instructor-needed-warwickshire-up-10-48-ph.html

A college seeks to employ instructors with what appears to be a pitiful salary package and what seems to be a fairly rudimentary skills / qual's requirement via an agency that allows spelling errors in the advertisement....

Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't present an image of a particularly polished organisation nor does it instil confidence in the output.

Value for money for those potentially enrolling on the course?

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/employment/97315-aboriculture-instructor-needed-warwickshire-up-10-48-ph.html

That's really poor.

I know it's slightly different, but you could do £80/day dragging brash.

21 k a year sounds pretty good to me. Only requires a level 2 qualification and a few nptcs which can be done in less than a year. A newly qualified teacher starting out only gets a fraction more than this but requires level 3 qualifications ie a levels plus a degree plus a pgce. A total of 6 years more training. 21k very fair for level of qualification required for post.

Typical of colleges, charge the full rate for the courses and cut costs on instructors, then claim they are the top notch college.

Colleges used to be centres of excellence.

Now they are businesses.

Quality is bottom of the pile.

Rant over

Typical of colleges, charge the full rate for the courses and cut costs on instructors, then claim they are the top notch college.

Colleges used to be centres of excellence.

Now they are businesses.

Quality is bottom of the pile.

Rant over

That is about spot on I'm sorry to say! Quantity over quality now.