100ft ish pops dismantled

SamCCM

One of my first videos that I've made. after felling that first one, I had my doubts about the condition of the biggest one on the end.....😓

Felling from behind, on ladders is not the safest scenario I am completely aware, in the case this was the sensible option. But wahey all went smoothly!!

Do you think I should of put music in the video?? For future videos

Cheers --

Sam

Cool video...looked like a well executed job and a tidy work site. What was the reasoning behind the ladders?

The reason for the ladders was the risk of Felling through decayed wood, as it sounded hollow and decayed more so than the first. It sounded & felt much more solid at about 10 feet up

Nice! your felling looks good enough to have just stunt felled the three of them though.

Maybe next time.. were you tempted?

Cheers mate, course we were tempted! 😀 But there was houses to the left, right and behind, but we thought to take the safe route... we straight felled 3 of the 5. But the video doesnt show. Had a turfer on 'em all though! Extra safe !

Sam

The reason for the ladders was the risk of Felling through decayed wood, as it sounded hollow and decayed more so than the first. It sounded & felt much more solid at about 10 feet up

Fair play! Like the way you tip tied the outer branches. How long did the whole job take?

Fair play! Like the way you tip tied the outer branches. How long did the whole job take?

Cheers, All 5 of the pops probably took us about 4 days with 1 climber and 2 groundsmen. There were many more trees that we did in that site though, including the biggest pear tree I've ever seen.

Sam