Just bought a 6x3 meter polytunnel off ebay to store softwood nets

kindlett

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone stored nets in one thease,ive left both ends open and all the vents on the side, also they are stacked on pallets, fingers crossed there will be enough air flow.

Hi KIND if not air enough as you say you could all ways go into growing tomato plants or cucumbers 👍thanks John👍

Our cheap tunnels off eBay lasted about 18 months. 1 got destroyed by wind and the other fell apart from the sun. Worked ok though. Was drying wood in a few months

You really need commercial tunnels and polythene. Thicker tube and uv inhibiter in the poly. Working in nursery maintenance I have contacts that supply good quality if anyone needs poly or hoops.

You really need commercial tunnels and polythene. Thicker tube and uv inhibiter in the poly. Working in nursery maintenance I have contacts that supply good quality if anyone needs poly or hoops.

Does polythene cut out the UV passing though like glass?

On a related note is a commercial bubble wrap available for insulation in wide rolls, I only see packaging grade at 1.5m.

I want to try using it draped from the 3.6m roof trusses in our 14 by 17m workshop as a false ceiling to cut the volume needed to heat and provide a bit of insulation. I have a worry about is fire risk, any thoughts?

You could put the green mushroom skin on it. I have both but the tunnel with clear polly I would not risk nets in their for a week let alone 10. If i leave anything in their it's destroyed in a few weeks and we are talking push bikes watering cans anything it gets up to 45 deg perfect for logs in ibc frames but nothing else.

Does polythene cut out the UV passing though like glass?

On a related note is a commercial bubble wrap available for insulation in wide rolls, I only see packaging grade at 1.5m.

I want to try using it draped from the 3.6m roof trusses in our 14 by 17m workshop as a false ceiling to cut the volume needed to heat and provide a bit of insulation. I have a worry about is fire risk, any thoughts?

You can get polythene to do pretty much what you want

Only ever used up to 1.5M bubble wrap but Ive never asked for wider .as that is the maximum purlin width in our glasshouses and it is a pig to handle in long lengths anyway. My supplier should have access to UV inhibitted unlike packing grade which MIGHT last a bit longer but I think carrage will probably be as much as the material.

XL polythene/Smith and Jones Joe or Les 01404823975 mention Ian sent you. Burns well I would think but have a chat with them, they might know something I don't.

Edited by cornish wood burner