still 024 av quick stop ?

Dazonit

I have a still 024 and have just acquired a 024 av electronic quick stop what is the main difference what dose the av stand for and how dose the electronic quick stop work

I'm only asking as I can not make out any difference also dose anyone know what year the av model was produced as there is no date on it cheers

I have a still 024 and have just acquired a 024 av electronic quick stop what is the main difference what dose the av stand for and how dose the electronic quick stop work

I'm only asking as I can not make out any difference also dose anyone know what year the av model was produced as there is no date on it cheers

The 024aveq is the earliest version, av stands for anti vibration, e for electronic ignition and q for quickstop (chainbrake) as these were optional at the time.

i used an MS361 with electronic quickstop and it did indeed automatically apply braking to the chain immediately once you took your finger off the trigger, it didn't actually actuate the chain brake ie; you didn't have to reset it. I was amazed but when it went wrong it cost bout £90 to fix.

i used an MS361 with electronic quickstop and it did indeed automatically apply braking to the chain immediately once you took your finger off the trigger, it didn't actually actuate the chain brake ie; you didn't have to reset it. I was amazed but when it went wrong it cost bout £90 to fix.

Modern quickstop is not the same. What people don't realise is prior to the chainbrake we all know, Stihl used an isolator clutch, which couldn't be applied at full chat without monging up the system and parts.

I understood the electronic to refer to the ignition instead of the points and condenser and the quick stop to the chain brake as opposed to not having one not meaning that the brake was applied electronically just that it has both as added features.

I understood the electronic to refer to the ignition instead of the points and condenser and the quick stop to the chain brake as opposed to not having one not meaning that the brake was applied electronically just that it has both as added features.

You are correct in your understanding. :thumbup1:

Wicklamulla theres a few 036's with the secondary brake on the handle aswell. :thumbdown: