Milled Burr Walnut

WADKIN

Hi all.

Its worth what ever someone is willing to pay really. And yes Jonathan in 2 years time should getting a couple of coins for it.

I do not have a rate as such for pieces of burr walnut, although that is not to say you cannot buy it in this manner, a couple of years ago i was trying to put together a deal with a dealer in europe buying container loads of prime planked walnut, not the steamed rubbish you see in the commerical market. He also supplied the veneer trade with whole root burls/ not just a root, these were root burls, tight eyes good even covering, at that time he was getting around $8 a kilo but is was a couple of years ago. But he told me the price and demand was dropping of a bit as nowadays buyers have so much choice, vavonna, kareilian birch burl, thuya, etc etc, years ago it was quite something to have burr walnut adorning your bentley and jet, these days everyone wants something others don't have.

Almost all the best stock i saw these days goes to instrument makers and high end cabinet makers, just recently we supplied Warner Brothers half a log of prime english walnut for a forthcoming blockbuster, all so they could have a feature table in a short scene.

Fore lovers of wood another couple of images attached inculding a visit today to veiw a 250year old sound walnut, as big as i have seen myself still intact, quite a trek it took me 5hours to get there, the snow didnt help either.

CameraZOOM-20150130165727453.jpg.e67fcb5b67df28f96d79871005c256c7.jpg

59766c3e0653d_2015-01-3119_40_21.jpg.df5ffaf031b968b57c028c3bd05db998.jpg