Site clearance

simonm

You need a tractor crane combo to be really effective, then you can stick a pto chipper on that....

Skidsteers can't be driven to site and the attachments are expensive, a tractor can do the same and is cheaper to buy and the implements cost less.

I started with an alpine with front loader and a 4 ton PTO winch, I still have it, it towed out the valtra today...... building sites are usually horribly messy places...

IMG_0192.jpg.993842962e5c6fb29f475cd21a9d1df5.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg.ec876aaa69eb1df440ea44b5358df77d.jpg

I keep toying with the tractor idea, i have drove them since leaving school and like you say they are an effective tool. We cover a large area so to and from site mite be an issue unless it went on a low loader, suppose a 50k box is a drive-able speed. what are valtras like? i have only ever driven 1 once

That one in the picture does 50k, if you take the time to do the journey by car and double it that how long the tractor takes. In built up areas the difference is less as they are both doing 30mph. That setup there cost £115k though, My first Valtra was a 6400, that cost less than 30k and I got a tp250 for about 4k.

You could get a decent roof mount and chipper combo for around 30k maybe less if you do your homework. The 6000 and 8000 series valtras are pretty bomb proof...

That one in the picture does 50k, if you take the time to do the journey by car and double it that how long the tractor takes. In built up areas the difference is less as they are both doing 30mph. That setup there cost £115k though, My first Valtra was a 6400, that cost less than 30k and I got a tp250 for about 4k.

You could get a decent roof mount and chipper combo for around 30k maybe less if you do your homework. The 6000 and 8000 series valtras are pretty bomb proof...

How did you get into site clearance? thats a lot of money to lay out...but i suppose everything arb related is :sneaky2:

Just like you said its the distance thing with tractors... then what colour fuel etc.

Ive done a few jobs 25 miles away with my tractor 22mph :D gives you plenty of time to think... i keep pondering selling it as i have no loader or crane etc, just 4wd plenty of weight and brute force with a tipping trailer.

Ive totally changed my mindset from a couple of years ago!

Telehandler with muck grab! Stack everything up and then hire a whole tree chipper for a day to chip it! Either leave the chip on site or sell it as biomass! It's what I do after years of trying different things! Takes the labour element out of it. This is a job we done just before Xmas [ATTACH]175094[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]175092[/ATTACH]

Looks like a loading shovel in the pic??