Stihl 160t v Husky t536li

GTS

Dear All,

Im getting the truck ready for a battery chainsaw, rear and top would be great to run together. I have read with interest some of your experiences with certain saws.

I wondered if anyone has had any experience of using a battery top handle for a small dismantle, say and then cutting up on the deck with the same make of battery in the rear handle saw. So for eg using a stihl msa 160t then into a msa 200cbq?

The Oregon rear handle saw looks fab value and my local dealer will do a good deal but I don't want 2 chargers, different batteries etc.

I suppose if your using the husky combo you can pass the batteries easily to each other....?:thumbup:

thanks Wooded. I may have stumbled upon that a while ago, will check. I had a demo with the husky when it first appeared, then handled the 160 at one of the shows which felt good too. Just was wondering if anyone used the batteries in differing situations with different saws but thanks for the you tube idea

• 1 month later...

Decided to go with the bread knife as ergonomically, for me, the bar isn't weighted towards my legs, jabbing away at my trousers. Narrow bar, hope fully a little finer in the cutting, only time will tell:thumbup1:

Good buy!

We have 2 now, and I use mine everyday, for everything that is possible.

As for the batteries, we have the battery pole saw and hedgetrimmer aswell, and in one day the one battery might be swapped between 3 different machines :thumbup:

Have fun with it! Just make sure you take battery out when you leave it in the truck, because when you grab it and forget, could cut something you don't mean to, like your hand..... :blushing:

Cheers Arborclimber, I too was eyeing up the hedge trimmer and polesaw. I cant make my mind up wether the hedge trimmer is hard/up to the relentless work as it seems a bit plastic flimsy compared to what ive been used to-81R and the polesaw with that big wide motor ontop, can it get to where you want to put it in the canopy? It does look a great piece of kit in the flesh though

I've had the great pleasure of using both and I much prefer neither I'd rather stick with my 540 that I hate with a passion also it never works. I know some people have spent a lot of money on these saws and I don't mean to be offensive but these saws are no where near petrol powered saws. If anyone has used a mains electric saw that's what they're like. Someday maybe the technology will be there to power smaller more powerful motors but not yet.

I find the stihl one dangerous on off switch is the chain break at least with husky you have a button to turn it on and off

CJM, I agree with you there, as i also mentioned, about the chain brake on/off switch, sometimes can be a bit of a brown pants moment when you aint properly concentrating. On the pole pruner IS a switch, so hopefully on the next model they will fit one on the 160 too.

I only use mine mostly on wee thinnings and deadwooding. I do use it on bigger stuff though occasionally. It will never be a match for my modded 200t, but its great for the wee stuff.

The hedge trimmer is a bit plasticky, but its nice and light for the smaller stuff, and get the 81 out for nasty conifers (conifers are evil :thumbdown:)

As for the pruner, at first it is a bit end heavy, but when you have the battery in the other end, it balances out quite well. I havent used it climbing yet, but it is a very useful bit of kit.