Wholesale Timber?

HeartwoodTrees

What seems to be a fair or standard industry price for unsplit/unseasoned timber by the meter? Effectively straight off the tree into a trailer and then sold to someone who processes, stores and sells seasoned logs... Just curious as the price of seasoned wood by the cube seems to be going up but the initial purchase cost seems to have stayed the same.

Any sound advice would be appreciated......

Is this all as fresh green cord? If so I've been selling timber far to cheaply I've been doing £20 cubic meter un seasoned and in lengths..

If you are talking hardwood, I wish you were nearer, I'd buy all you had!!!

Edited by skyhuck

Is this all as fresh green cord? If so I've been selling timber far to cheaply I've been doing £20 cubic meter un seasoned and in lengths..

If that's hardwood I bet people have been biting your arm off for it.

I'd buy a lorry load at that price and pay haulage

Sent from the future.

Yes I was selling everything I chopped down. I've got 3 large ash trees coming down next week in Daventry so I'm glad you've helped me. Always have had plenty of timber my problem was never knowing its value and to who. Another question is if your selling to a small time one man band businesses does this £40 a cubic meter still stand or is that too dear?

That's some great advice... I sell it by the trailer load in non-processor sizes (domestic trees) my trailer is a twin axle ifor Williams and has a caged area of 5 cubic meters so it will have air gaps but we hand load and stack so it's as tight as it can get. What would that be worth to the trade then and if it was softwood how would that convert in cost?