efco mt2600 problem

chrissalas1

Hi:001_smile:

I bought an efco mt2600 chainsaw for olive pruning.The first day of use everything was perfect.The second day while i was using it smoke was coming from the side of the chainbrake,maybe it was from the clutch(the chain wasn't too tight).The third day of use after some minutes it couldn't remain to idle and then some times couldn't accelerate and sometimes after the start couldn't remain to idle,the filter wasn't dirty and the spark plug ok.Today i called the dealer and his first question was what oil i use,i told him that i use castrol power 1 racing and then he told me this oil isn't appropriate for the saw and that i must use the husqvarna low smoke oil and if it continues to has these problems i will go to him to take it a look.

Any opinion?

P.S. Sorry for my english

Castrol Power 1 is for pre mix or injection so it should be good for your saw as long as it is mixed properly. The oil should not cause any problem. Your English is as good as any on here, don't worry about that :D

Thanks for your reply.The mix i did was 100ml of oil to 5 liters of gas.I am worrying about the smoke and the problems with the idle and the acceleration.

I was always told 2 stroke oil thats designed for water cooled engines, like out boards and motor cross bikes was no good in air cooled garden machines.

The oil is not designed for water cooled engines, you can use it in any as long as it is up to the specification.

FULLY SYNTHETIC 2-stroke engine oil, Exceeds JASO FD, ISP EGD, API TC.

API TC is the part that covers high fuel to oil ratio for chainsaws and similar machines.