Card Payment. How do you take yours?

Eastern

Been looking at card readers, mobile and the plug in phone line jobbies. Just wondering how you other guys take your card payments and what system do you use?

Saw this today in JL - Buy WorldPay Zinc Chip & PIN Keypad online at John Lewis

Key Features:

Secure, trusted Chip & PIN technology.

Easy to set up, easy to use.

Works with and approved by Visa and MasterCard.

There are various plans available to suit your needs, with the pay as you go plan charging just 2.75% per payment.

Sign up for an account on Worldpay Zinc’s website in 5 minutes, and be ready to take payment, usually by the next business day.

Take payments using your Chip & PIN and Bluetooth compatible device with a WiFi or 3G connection, anywhere, anytime.

Payments paid directly into your bank account, usually within 4 working days.

Send receipts by text, email or print to compatible wireless printers.

View details of all your payments including daily, weekly and monthly summaries.

Compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and smartphones & tablets running Android 2.3 or higher.

Has no monthly fees just takes 2.7%, not a huge demand for card payments i find but would be handy to have as some customers have asked if they could pay by this method.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a wireless terminal that has it own sim card and picks up signal from various networks. Been great for us as you can do a payment at the end of the day in front of them and give them the receipt there and then. Has been great for firewood. We can also do payments over the phone. By far the best way in my opinion. I find getting to the bank to pay cheques in isnt easy to find the time. And then the 5 days to clear means it can take a while to see the money.

@ Jay

I assume you pay a monthly fee for that service? Im not doing firewood at the moment and would only guess 2-3 card payments per month maybe? Barclays offered me a system but the monthly fees where a LOT.

2.75% commission is a fair bit... 2 jobs at say £650 each in a month and i may well be better off paying for a monthly plan @ £12-£45pm

2.75% is high for a permanent dedicated terminal but for something with no monthly fees its not to bad

If you don't take anything on card and are still shelling out £15 or £20 quid every month for something you don't use just to get 3/4 of a percent better on the rate you are actually better of with the higher rate and no monthly outgoing when not in use

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App