So how do you advertise ?

Gregsie

What forms of advertising works best for you ? -(Multiple choice)  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What forms of advertising works best for you ? -(Multiple choice)

• Website
    • Parish Magazines
    • Local Paper / magazines
    • Flyers
    • Yellow Pages / Thomson Local
    • Word of Mouth
    • Other (Please specify)

Word of Mouth and relationship building with larger companies for me..

Reputation comes into it's own as far as I see it... I get phone calls from larger companies when they have a problem that they know I will make sure is sorted out for them immediatley and to standard..

I dont generally advertise anywhere...

Haven't had much luck with the yellow pages, or internet advertising, and a good friend of mine is in the local phone book, has been for a year and not one phone call...

My website gets a few enquiries though.

The local guys advertise in the local paper, but from what I hear they all end up going to quote the same jobs, so mr cheap wins.

I went for the YP vote, not sure how well our website works and we dont advertise anywhere else.

Depends on who you want to target I think, if its domestic then around here YP deffo works well. If its commercial then it is probably best to do what Highland Forestry says and get networking.

Word of mouth is probably the best will give you a lot more of a chance winning the job even if you arent the cheapest.

Ive found that other than word of mouth professionally made leaflets work well. Get loads of work from them :001_cool:

i got some jobs last month from someone elses leaflets, when they came through the customers door they remembered not to use folk who leaflet because they had a bad experience once so they then contacted me, keep on leafletting boys:001_smile:

:sneaky2::001_tongue:

a few years ago we had a sudden drop of snow in february, about 8 inches over night. the next day i went for a nosy, there was broken stuff everywhere, i have never doorstepped anyone before because i think that is wrong, but i was quiet and i thought if my pipes had just burst in the house then 2 secs later a plumber chapped the door, it would seem like a miracle. the first door i knocked the door opened and the woman had the phonebook open looking for my number, she was delighted. i got 2k out the one street.:001_smile:as long as you dont intimidate, then go look for work. :001_smile:

Recently word of mouth and the web have been working for me, neither of which really cost anything.:001_smile:

I looked at a job on thursday, we had worked there 2 years ago, he still had the business card I gave him back then. If I see the client at the end of a job I always give them a few cards to pass on to friends and neighbours and keep for next time. I am now thinking that I might start sending them out with the invoices too.