breathalizers in france

likeitorlumpit

So the frenchies are requiring us to travel with 2 breathalizers so we can check ourselves should the need arise.

So- suspect you are over- use one to check and low and behold only one left- 11 euro fine (£10 quid)

So you need three?- = overkill possibly

Should I ask a driver at work to blow in the bag if I suspect him of being over the limit.

Is this an imposition( rudeness) too far or do we all get used to these erosions.

Lets face it we've all worked with lads over the limit especially Monday morning.

It might bring it home to them how they are behaving.

Is this requirement for everyone that drives or just the tourist type?. What if I don't drink??, do I still need to carry???. Pretty much insane IMHO. Extortion also comes to mind as well.

easy-lift guy

Agreed. The fine is cheaper than buying enough breathalysers so is take the fine.

You are also required to carry one Hi-vis vest for every passenger in the car!

Nutters!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vkomoa

everyone driving in France including the french have to carry two testers. If the police pull you over you will be requested to blow in your own tester. Good idea really why should the tax payer have to pay for all the p**s heads driving around if your not weaving from side to side with half your lights out u are unlikely to get stopped.

If you owned shares in a failing single use brethalizer factory, and were able to pass a law that made it compulsory to buy 2 for every car in France, then I think you would follow ex-pres sarko's example and do so.

I have lived in france for 7 years, and never have i been asked to provide a breath sample, my hi vis vest, my warning triangle, or my spare set of bulbs! just another money spinner.

If the cops ask you to use your own there will soon be a market for fakes which may not give the same result as a genuine one.

thats exactly what I thought

How stupid!!

Just as it's cynical that the french cops set up radar traps to catch us racing for the ferry

I thought UK law was a bit picky but the French seem to have trumped us:biggrin:

Here,

Drink driving is very common and the roads are lined with deep and unforgiving ditches from which no vehicle can escape unaided.

The French regularly ignore the smoking bans and the bonfire ban in rural areas and yet the Gendarmes gaily enforce the ban against the wearing of religious symbols.

Really, they are as petty as the Brits at times...

Ty