Sub contracting

English-arb

hi, i have put a thread on here about being self employed and have asked a few questions about it so anymore in put would be much appreciated.

I have another wonder about it though, for those that became self employed or sub contracted themselves out for the first time did you find it nerve racking or were you confident in your ability. And how much experience did you have.

i am very confident in my ability to climb and have worked on large dissmantles but cant help but get the old nerves the first day with a new company, i find myself worrying inside before we get to the job no matter how big or small even though i have done some tough and big jobs in the past.

Do subbies have this problem at the beginning?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most will at least worry that they are going to make a good impression, and be able to please the new company they are subbing to. I worry even now over new clients, will they be happy, will they pay, how do I compare with other companies and so on. Its what keeps you on your toes, keeps your eyes on the ball and makes it all work like clock-work. I think the day you stop worrying/caring is the day your standards fall. Dont be cocky, but be quietly confident in your own abilities, and do your best today, tomorrow and treat every day as if its your 1st, subbies are easy to replace.

i think i recall you saying on another thread you have only been climbing 18 months? realistically this isnt long enough to call yourself competent enough to turn up to any job without any nerves. im not surprised you experience this...i wouldn't even have considered going freelance at that stage in my career.

in answer to your other question, i went freelance with 7 years climbing under my belt.

i think i recall you saying on another thread you have only been climbing 18 months? realistically this isnt long enough to call yourself competent enough to turn up to any job without any nerves. im not surprised you experience this...i wouldn't even have considered going freelance at that stage in my career.

in answer to your other question, i went freelance with 7 years climbing under my belt.

Steve...

Stop lying.

Quite clearly by your picture you are not even 7 years old yet. How have you been climbing longer than that.

:biggrin: