multiple driver policy

simonm

I had 2 trucks on any driver policy, when I queried the renewal price as it seemed a bit steep as not claimed I was told any driver is calculated on a 17yr old with a drink driving conviction! Changed it to any driver over 25 which cut the premium in half. That's why you see a lot of the job adds saying over 25.

Any driver policies are straight frorward if you have fleet plans with five or more trucks but its not cheap. Outside of a fleetplan questions get asked about who is driving ie age, convictions, DD etc which starts to get messy. Our Allianze fleet plan covers any driver irrespective of age or smut on his/her license. Clear insurance in Cranleigh are brokers for them.

Bob

I have 3 vehicles so perhaps don't qualify for proper fleet insurance.

If you own more than one vehicle can qualify as a fleet. This link to Autonet from Moneysupermarket for some comparisons.

There's some good offers in the fleet & truck magazines but as was said earlier, the best prices are on those with drivers over 25 and they'll put restrictions on any convictions or number of points.

I have 3 vehicles so perhaps don't qualify for proper fleet insurance.

Perhaps things have changed, I wonder if some of these so called "flleetplans" are really that or just glossed up muliticars insurances. To lay down restrictions of age and convictions could open a can of worms, far better to get the right insurance than risk winging it to save a few quid.

Bob

Aviva.. I had a single vehicle policy (7yr Hilux £600ish annual) with old insurance company.. Got quoted ridiculous money to add a 10yr Transit on a new policy to include any driver as work got busy (£1600+ annual)... Tried 4-5 other companies all expensive , then good old Aviva came up with cheapest quote including any driver (even below 25yrs of age). I had to double check the price it was cheapest by far (£700ish annual for both vehicles on any driver policy). All this fully comp.