stihl blower

mowingjamie

In a nutshell, yes. It's in 'backpack' format, but if you've got that much to do that you want it on your back for comfort, get a larger one with more power.

If it's to be picked up and used frequently, a handheld is much more convenient. I used to have a BR400, now I have 2 BG86s. Want more power? One in each hand then!

Get the SH86- it's a BG86 with a shredder/vacuum kit included. The small extra cost will pay for itself the first time you have to clean up some leaves round steps or along the edge of a wall.

Don't be tempted by the cheaper BG56- the anti vibe is so bad you won't be able to use it for more than 5 minutes at a time.

HTH

Hi, my blower went bang this morning :thumbdown:. Just been looking at the Stihl BG 86C, which is the one I would like but it's collection only :confused1:. So I have had a look at the Husqvarna 125BVX, does anyone have the Husqvarna? If so are they any good/on a par with the Stihl blowers? Any feedback / advice would be welcome :thumbup:

i think it depends on the legnth of time you need to use it for, we have a bg86 at work and is about 8yrs old and has had nothing done to it and is fine for a quick clean up but for longer stints a back pack is a lot easier to use, ive just got a br350 for garden stuff and well pleased with it, only down side is having to take it on and off to clear stuff with a rake and the fact its a bit bulky in the van compared to the hand held

carl.

i went round all the local stihl dealers this morning, after a test with the stihl bg56 i can say what a complete useless blower that is! had trouble moving a few leaves on a concrete path. So next the bg 86, much better, really a quality machine. and finally the br200, same power than the bg 86 but it just had a better feel to it, a little better quality mabe? I didnt like the plastic mesh guard on the bg86 felt like 1 drop into the truck and that'll be broken aswell! so after a bit of haggling with price for a few quid extra i went with the br200 backpack, picking it up on monday.

Hi, my blower went bang this morning :thumbdown:. Just been looking at the Stihl BG 86C, which is the one I would like but it's collection only :confused1:. So I have had a look at the Husqvarna 125BVX, does anyone have the Husqvarna? If so are they any good/on a par with the Stihl blowers? Any feedback / advice would be welcome :thumbup:

Chris,

Try LRS in grantham they did me a cracking deal on the BG 86C. :thumbup1: