Aspen & Warrantee

Syd_B

Not seen anything like that. But since Husky test run their equipment, (well saws, strimmers, brush cutters & blowers at least) on Aspen. I seriously doubt they'd have a problem with a customer using Aspen.

As for Stihl, well have the branded product of 'Stihl Motomix', which is the same stuff near as damn it. So again, I can't see them having a problem with a customer using Aspen.

Bottom line though, if a dealer/manufacturer wants to wriggle out of a warranty repair claim, they'll find an excuse. Just run the saw on what you want and don't worry about a possible apocryphal piece of paper.

Hi Syd,

I presume it was myself (Axel) you spoke to at the Arb show as Eddie wasn't present at this event.

Aspen 2 is a far superior fuel to what you can create yourself when mixing your own oil with fuel from the petrol station. it is much kinder to both machine and operator health.

There are no issues with warranties when using Aspen 2 in new machines, if you look in most husqvarna chainsaw manuals you will see that it reccomends the use of Aspen alkylate fuel.

Stihl will also aknowledge that Aspen fuel is superior in terms of protection to their engines compared to conventional fuel/oil mix allthough they obviously arent as public about this now that they are trying to push motomix onto the market.

Should you have any further worries over warranty with a stihl machine running Aspen, we have signed documents from stihl which states "Aspen fuel in our producst does not affect warranty for any problem caused by manufacturing or material defect"

you can contact me directly with any questions regarding Aspen on 01929 555979

Thanks

Axel

I am neither a Stihl or Huskie dealer, but have had customers telling me that their dealers had threatened the old 'it won't be covered if you use Aspen' thing.

So I have spoken to service managers in both Stihl UK and Huskie UK who are adamant that no harm can come from using Aspen and they are more than happy to stand by their warranties if Aspen is used.

In fact, I had a Huskie piston and pot paid for under warranty even though outside of the warranty period. Huskie passed the warranty purely because the saw had always been run on Aspen so they knew that fuel was not at fault.

Hi Andy, there is no reason why the 460 or 490 should not run on Aspen, had the machines been run for a long time on normal petrol before you made the switch to trying Aspen?

sounds like there could be an underlying machinery issue to blame or maybe the mtronic system simply needs calibrating after switching fuels.

I have used aspen 2 on fs 460 and 490 with no joy they just keep cutting out, on the other hand my chainsaws, blowers, hedge cutter, fs 400, and small strimmer all work fine if not better, shame as I use the 460 490 all the time.