Fed up with Stihl and looking at Efco

Radleyjim

I currently have a Stihl MS362 and its been with the dealer for 3 weeks now and won't be back for another week or 2. It's in as after 6 months it developed the fault that means once warm it cuts out and won't restart. Apparently it's the coil but as Stihl haven't sent the part before Christmas I won't have it back for over a month after handing it to the dealer. So I'm looking for a saw to tide me over when I go back to work on Monday and am tempted to sell the 362 once repaired and buy a larger saw. I have an efco dealer in the same town and am considering an Efco 4400 or 5200. Anyone able to give any advice?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I currently have a Stihl MS362 and its been with the dealer for 3 weeks now and won't be back for another week or 2. It's in as after 6 months it developed the fault that means once warm it cuts out and won't restart. Apparently it's the coil but as Stihl haven't sent the part before Christmas I won't have it back for over a month after handing it to the dealer. So I'm looking for a saw to tide me over when I go back to work on Monday and am tempted to sell the 362 once repaired and buy a larger saw. I have an efco dealer in the same town and am considering an Efco 4400 or 5200. Anyone able to give any advice?

Its not the coil . Its called a mystery .......:biggrin: Geyt a Dolmar or an Echo .

Am having sme trouble at the moment with a 150 which have only had a few months...cut out and wouldn't start...so straight back to dealer...gave me some crap that petrol mix was wrong when I picked it up...after 20 years using chainsaws that was a first.

To cap it all stihl warranty don't cover wrong fuel mix so to get my saw back I had to pay £45....not happy...anyway had it back used it for 2 days and same problem...had subby working for me for 2days..I supply oil and petrol and funny enough his 150 purred like a kitten and didn't miss a beat.

Took it straight back...told them want it sorted and my£45 back...will never change from using stihl....think just got a bad one which hopefully can be sorted.

me too.

441 been back at dealer 5/6 times now, back to stihl twice.

saw was dying mid cut on 12'' stuff every time, all stihl said was that performance would be improved with genuine bar and chain! i was fuming!

had a new coil and carb in the end, better now but still stalls regularly idle. been back three times for that issue dealer just says the carb needs cleaning, funny because none of my other 20 engines which are used just as frequently need their carbs cleaned 3 times in 2 months!

don't get me started on my kombi 130, needs valves adjusting every week, been back countless times to dealer.

everything i bought in 2012 was rubbish 441 km130 and 550p