What is reasonable?

Daniël Bos

I bought a couple of (new, identical) saws by post in spring, it was bought from a retailer with a reasonable reputation.

I'm fairly pleased with 'em, though I had to wait a while longer for delivery than expected.

Not used either of them much over summer but now I've started using them in earnest a fault has come up. It's not a major one, there is an issue with the wee starter pawl thingies smashing cooling fins off the flywheel.

The saw that's had most use has done this, the lesser used one will before long.

There is no conceivable way this is down to user error/abuse.

It is either a design flaw or faulty parts. (in either case the manufacturer would be aware by now as it's not a new model saw?) and the only fix I can see is to just replace the flywheel and keep fingers crossed it doesn't happen again?

I contacted the retailer, sent pictures etc. he said he'd not heard of the issue before and to send it back.

I sent it back, it arrived on 11/11.

On 17/11 I sent an email asking after it as I'd not heard anything yet.

On 18/11 I got a message saying it had been sent back to the manufacturer as this issue had not been seen afore and that I would be kept updated.

That was the last I heard.

I've since sent email, pm and text messages without getting any reply:thumbdown: I know the retailer is not dead, he has an online presence that was active earlier today:sneaky2:

The saw has been away for 5 weeks, I've not got any closer to a fix or replacement, the only info I've recieved is when I asked what was happening, I'm not happy.:confused1:

The retailer is not anywhere near me or I'd have gone to talk in person.

As far as I can see the only way to fix was just to replace the flywheel (you can't stick cast alloy flywheel fins back on surely?) a 20 minute job at most.

The manufacturers are in europe so it should take no more than 3 or 4 days to courier?

I'm not sure what to do next? I need that saw back, or a replacement (I needed it before last weekend really) but I get no answer.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic