Day 3/4 after the chipper has been stolen

Gardiners Tree Surgery

So my weekend was great I sat down and started on the paper work filling the forms out for the claim.

Now I'm not very computer minded. I'm struggling writing this as I have fingers like pig tits. I Keep hitting three buttons at once.

So decided to print the forms off and fill them in by hand.. First problem, printers,..always had bad luck with them, the thing decides not to print, my answer of giving it hulk fists didn't work. So sweet talk the wife and she guides me through it. Didn't know there was a power button for it.:biggrin:

So I've got all the forms done by now and I start looking in the diary at where I'm supposed to be working, it's starting to hit home how much we rely on things like chippers and kit

End up getting stressed by the situattion and take it out on the ones closest me. Not the best thing to do, so I'm sorry love I didn't mean to snap. Advice for others, take your self off to the shed or spare room count to ten and look at the new 2016 stihl calander, it's amazing how much it helps.

Next day I get a letter from Gloucestershire constabulary, it reads

"Dear mr simon gardiner, thank you for reporting your incident of your stolen wood chipper, after we have found no evidence we have decided to close the case"

Well bugger me I thought, they still havent been to the yard to see.

Now I'm no Colombo but there are trainer marks, van tyre marks. I understand that recourses are tight but I haven't even seen a police car drive past for a few weeks

Oh well, paper work is in the post so watch this space with what happens next.

Sorry if it's a bit of a boring thread by I'm actually finding it therapeutic talking to you guys about it.

Also any body got any ideas on how to sleep at night.? Insomnia is starting to get to me. Slightest sound and I'm up looking out the window. What was rather disconcerting was the two poor drunk girls catching a sight of me at 2.00am in full glory. That would have been a tricky one to explain if they had been poking around the truck and I had ran out chasing them down the road.

All the best guys

Simon

So my weekend was great I sat down and started on the paper work filling the forms out for the claim.

Now I'm not very computer minded. I'm struggling writing this as I have fingers like pig tits. I Keep hitting three buttons at once.

So decided to print the forms off and fill them in by hand.. First problem, printers,..always had bad luck with them, the thing decides not to print, my answer of giving it hulk fists didn't work. So sweet talk the wife and she guides me through it. Didn't know there was a power button for it.:biggrin:

So I've got all the forms done by now and I start looking in the diary at where I'm supposed to be working, it's starting to hit home how much we rely on things like chippers and kit

End up getting stressed by the situattion and take it out on the ones closest me. Not the best thing to do, so I'm sorry love I didn't mean to snap. Advice for others, take your self off to the shed or spare room count to ten and look at the new 2016 stihl calander, it's amazing how much it helps.

"Dear mr simon gardiner, thank you for reporting your incident of your stolen wood chipper, after we have found no evidence we have decided to close the case"

Now I'm no Colombo but there are trainer marks, van tyre marks. I understand that recourses are tight but I haven't even seen a police car drive past for a few weeks

Sorry if it's a bit of a boring thread by I'm actually finding it therapeutic talking to you guys about it.

Also any body got any ideas on how to sleep at night.? Insomnia is starting to get to me. Slightest sound and I'm up looking out the window. What was rather disconcerting was the two poor drunk girls catching a sight of me at 2.00am in full glory. That would have been a tricky one to explain if they had been poking around the truck and I had ran out chasing them down the road.

All the best guys

Simon

Hi Simon Hope you get sorted out soon mate with new kit mate thanks Jon

All the best guys

Simon

Have been reading your plight with the personal inside that being done over brings to the situation ..Its no fun !! to put it mildly( house 3 times and workshop once). There are plenty on here "unfortunately" who also will be able to understand from a position of empathy to, such is the ongoing situation with Thievery !!

I am from Glos county as well and try to keep up with the situation on a local level. From one Simon to another …I Wish you all the very best to you and yours for the coming year .:001_smile:

Heyup, it's a sorry enough situation to just have stuff nicked but the fact the Police have done bugger all about it is a pretty ridiculous thing.... is that because of ongoing cutbacks?... or are they only instructed to log paperwork for statistics?!

It's staggering to see how much theft is happening with so little being done to tackle it. Surely things can't continue as they are.... or maybe things need to get even worse?, heaven forbid!

It's maddening.

cheers, steve

Don't know how to help with the sleep, I got robbed November last year so am especially alert this time of year, especially seeing all these report, and don't even have any kit at home anymore! Still have dreams about finding my stuff gone again 😡 Just go one day at a time, I found a couple of weeks later until it hit me and had to say to the wife excuse me for the next little while cos I'm not doing great right now. Just try not to dwell on what's happened or it drives you crazy

it seems these days unless theres a profit in it, the police arent interested, more and more burgarlies and robberies arent even being investigated, they give you a crime no to satisfy the insurance companies, and close the paperwork at that, they seem to be more interested in pursuing only the cases they know they will solve quickly or which will yeild a cash cow,

it seems that the time is coming when we will have to take the protection of our equipment and belonings into our control.............a favourite quote comes from a sign placed up on a timber mill in the appalachain mts of the usa....."we have a shotgun, and a backhoe, and know how to use them".