Unseized ms200

Isabelle68

I seized an ms200 about 6 months ago due to cheap crap two stroke from the petrol station when i got caught short on a job, ive just been pottering in the shed and took a look at it, whipped the starter panel off put a spanner on the flywheel and it turned???? Starter panel back on fresh fuel in and after much coughing and spluttering its running again???? Albeit a bit lumpy, any explanations?? Should i still put a pot and piston in it as i intended? Or just see how it goes???

I seized an ms200 about 6 months ago due to cheap crap two stroke from the petrol station when i got caught short on a job, ive just been pottering in the shed and took a look at it, whipped the starter panel off put a spanner on the flywheel and it turned???? Starter panel back on fresh fuel in and after much coughing and spluttering its running again???? Albeit a bit lumpy, any explanations?? Should i still put a pot and piston in it as i intended? Or just see how it goes???

Don't run it, strip it, clean any aluminum transfer off the bore, fit a new piston and you will have a good saw.

Run it like it is and you will have poor compression, lack of power when warm and poor starting.

If you are sure the saw seized, it is likely it isn't bad and the ring isn't seized in to the piston hence it now running.

If you continue to run it, it may damage the bore - I reckon the cylinder will be salvagable as it is!

The OEM part is ALWAYS the best if no significant scoring is present. The transfer should be etched away with acid/alkalie, the oxide got rid off with emery paper, the bore lightly honed to break the glaze and a METEOR or OEM piston fitted - the former is pretty much as good as OEM in my opinion.

Piston - £25 -30 don't be tempted bu noname white boxes!

The transfer I mention is melted aluminium from the piston bonded to the cylinder.

I personally pressure check and tach the carb to ensure no issues are present on my rebuilds!

Pity you didnt live near!!! Where do i order piston from? Cheers

I have done work for guys from Aberdeen to Cornwall, Isle of Man to Isle of Sky and even sent out saws to Sweden and France - strange old world, a courier is around £10:thumbup:

I get my pistons from Ebay, Tesgol, Dack Forestry, Danicrop (Greece), Max Moto - they are all decent traders!

STIHL MS 200 T - 40 MM "METEOR" PISTON KIT | eBay