Landrover modification

Isabelle68

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking of de-catting the exhaust and also blanking the egr valve on my td5 130, anybody done it and if so whats the benefits??

Is it diesel or petrol ? I blanked off the EGR vale and removed the particulate filter from my diesel Nissan pick up . It has improved mpg slightly if you drive economically but also improved performance if you want to drive fast as it spins up quicker due to not being restricted . Passed an MOT like it as well .

Thinking of de-catting the exhaust and also blanking the egr valve on my td5 130, anybody done it and if so whats the benefits??

HI MATE get it REMAPED at one of dealers with a intercooler too it pull better then disco3/4 someone like JERMY FERN OR JE ENGINE THERES LOADS OF POEPLE SAY THEY DO THE JOB BUT THEY CAN NOT ALL THE BEST JON :thumbup:

Never did it on my TD5 as I did not understand the issue at the time; I liken the EGR valve to stuffing a hose up your bum and putting the other end up your nose... nice. Have since done it on a Merc 2.2 common rail diesel, it improves performance and mileage a little but the main reason after 200k miles is to stop the EGR valve throwing a fault code due to becoming gunked up and likewise a gunked up inlet manifold. If you can do it simply with a blanking plate, go for it (I had to add an electronic circuit to fool the ECU that the EGR was still there)

With it removed the NOX emission goes up so the 'greens' won't like you. I don't believe its measured on the MOT, certainly not here in France.

Blanking off the EGR valve is a common mod to a Defender, going to be doing it in the new year to my Defender 300tdi. Going to buy a kit, includes the plate and silicone intercooler pipes. There should be a benefit, how much I don't know yet?

HI IAN ON TD5 not a lot ian better off have it remap:thumbup1: and larger intercooler :thumbup1:thanks but a 300tdi like ours yes it better and silicone pipes to thanks jon :thumbup: