Scrap saws for a good cause.

GardenKit

As part of my business I accumulate saws etc that are beyond economic repair.

This does not always mean that they cannot be repaired, just that the customer would rather put his money to a new piece of kit.

I have kept these around hoping to use them for spares, but the pile gets too big and I end up throwing them in the scrap, which seems a waste. I can't be bothered to E Bay them, but know that they could be a useful source of spares or 'projects' to some Arbtalk members

So in future I will post them on this thread with an as accurate description as possible and a value.

The first person to offer to pay that amount will win the saw, but will not pay me, but instead donate that amount to The Childrens Trust, which is Arbtalk's chosen charity.

As soon as the winner forwards me by e.mail, the donation receipt from the Trust he will be able to organise collection of the machine from me.

Any other member with similar items is welcome to offer them on this thread too.

Lets see if we can raise some more money for the children.:001_smile:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As part of my business I accumulate saws etc that are beyond economic repair.

This does not always mean that they cannot be repaired, just that the customer would rather put his money to a new piece of kit.

I have kept these around hoping to use them for spares, but the pile gets too big and I end up throwing them in the scrap, which seems a waste. I can't be bothered to E Bay them, but know that they could be a useful source of spares or 'projects' to some Arbtalk members

So in future I will post them on this thread with an as accurate description as possible and a value.

The first person to offer to pay that amount will win the saw, but will not pay me, but instead donate that amount to The Childrens Trust, which is Arbtalk's chosen charity.

As soon as the winner forwards me by e.mail, the donation receipt from the Trust he will be able to organise collection of the machine from me.

Any other member with similar items is welcome to offer them on this thread too.

Lets see if we can raise some more money for the children.:001_smile:

HI GARDEN thats very good of you mate :thumbup1:jon :thumbup:

Here is the first one.

Its a 2008 Mcculloch Mac 7-38.

These are a cheap saw, about £125 new, so when the coil failed on this machine the customer decided not to repair, but bought a new Mitox from me.

I know it needs a coil, but everything else seems Ok. Very clean, little use, and good compression. A coil should, i think, get it going, but I am making no promises.

The coil is available at just over £40 inc vat.

I think a donation of £15.00 for this saw is fair.

P1000778.jpg.46dcecfbc01fa94c5997b09cfdf0e4dc.jpg

P1000779.jpg.0232f391ca0b61572ffb476ab3919b9a.jpg

P1000780.jpg.5dbb1d6ea8e702c2af8a5a639930812b.jpg

P1000782.jpg.91e9aff44350174aebbc120cb338b715.jpg

P1000781.jpg.4e4afaaf692b495f1f79b73c3297c780.jpg