Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Arborist Apps Support Forum
This is a general support forum for users of the Arbtalk Arborist Apps. Visit us at www.arboristapps.co.uk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-12   #1 (permalink)

Arborist Apps Support Forum

This forum has been set up to provide support for both existing customers of arboristapps and pre-sales questions. Please also feel free to use this section if you'd like to make a suggestion for future updates to either of the current available apps. Thank you
Old 26-04-12   #2 (permalink)
Site Moderator, Raffle Sponsor 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014

Re: Arborist Apps Support Forum

I'd just like to say, to anyone thinking of buying either of these apps but not sure, I went out on site today, an elderly lady client had got some fungi growing around her trees. So I let her use the iPad and the fungi ID app to see how user friendly it is. She IDed the fungi quickly, and was impressed with the use of modern technology in our field. It was honey fungus btw. I could have just told her, but that would have spoiled the fun and I wouldn't have got a cuppa tea.
Old 04-05-12   #3 (permalink)

We went to the Celebration of Trees at Capel Manor and saw the apps first hand on an iPad. They are great so decided to buy them and downloaded them on a Samsung Galaxy.

The only problem is neither of them work! They try to open and then I get a message saying 'The application Knot Guide (process uk.co.arbtalk.knotguide) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again' with the option to Force close or Report. Same for the Tree Fungi app.

Any ideas please?
Old 04-05-12   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin's Missus View Post
We went to the Celebration of Trees at Capel Manor and saw the apps first hand on an iPad. They are great so decided to buy them and downloaded them on a Samsung Galaxy.

The only problem is neither of them work! They try to open and then I get a message saying 'The application Knot Guide (process uk.co.arbtalk.knotguide) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again' with the option to Force close or Report. Same for the Tree Fungi app.

Any ideas please?
Hi, have you tried deleting and reinstalling the apps?
Old 04-05-12   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Collins View Post
I'd just like to say, to anyone thinking of buying either of these apps but not sure, I went out on site today, an elderly lady client had got some fungi growing around her trees. So I let her use the iPad and the fungi ID app to see how user friendly it is. She IDed the fungi quickly, and was impressed with the use of modern technology in our field. It was honey fungus btw. I could have just told her, but that would have spoiled the fun and I wouldn't have got a cuppa tea.
you charmer you
Old 06-05-12   #6 (permalink)

Hello i have downloaded the knot guide app and it looks good .However it wont let me go back to anything else without switching the phone off and on.Is there something i should be doing or is it a glich ? Many thanks and i look forward to your thoughts.
Old 06-05-12   #7 (permalink)

Hi Joey,

What phone are you using? Doesnt the home button take you out of the app?

I'm aware that the back button on the app doesnt close out the app on Android, this is being looked at. But on my device(htc desire) I just use the home button.
Old 06-05-12   #8 (permalink)

Doh ! i'm an idiot, not very good at this stuff.Thanks for that.(It's on a GalaxyS2)
Old 06-05-12   #9 (permalink)

haha, no probs mate!! The back button fix will come into play soon anyway....look out for the update
Old 07-05-12   #10 (permalink)

Yep, have uninstalled and reinstalled and still getting the same problem.