remap / chipping ford ranger

carpenter1

I've a plug in chip, makes a huge difference to the power and performance.

Hasn't done anything for the fuel economy, but I do have a real heavy right foot.

Yeah I should have mentioned that bit; a heavy right foot makes a plug-in expensive but I drive like an old woman with an eye on the mpg so have a dainty little size 9 on the gas. My Nav's averaging around 30mpg; John O'Groat's and back recently got me over 36.

The Powerbox lets me do everything a gear up than without it.

The fact that a plug-in is removeable is a huge plus.

Yeah I should have mentioned that bit; a heavy right foot makes a plug-in expensive but I drive like an old woman with an eye on the mpg so have a dainty little size 9 on the gas. My Nav's averaging around 30mpg; John O'Groat's and back recently got me over 36.

The Powerbox lets me do everything a gear up than without it.

The fact that a plug-in is removeable is a huge plus.

Are you running road tyres or all terrains?

Ranger gets 22mpg on a good day with a heavy foot and running on at's.

On a similar vein, my defender had a JE Engineering stage 1 remap, a light right foot means I have the performance when I need it but can still hit 30mpg when not towing a trailer..

I bought a 2.2 and had the stage 2 with the intercooler fitted 2 days after I picked it up.

Got 11k now. No idea on the fuel consumption but it really does shift. Still makes me smile. The in gear pull is very impressive and its ability to hold gears up hills, no more stirring the porridge.........wait, thats something else.