Static shock .....?

Tom_Arb

It must be an Aussie thing.

Too much self abuse!

Next you'll be asking us why you're going blind!

:lol::lol::lol:

That's a bit derogatory imo:001_rolleyes:

But my mate out there reckons a lot of the lads are wearing nice little silk singlets under there ppe, keeps them cool apparently.

now we all know to magnetise a needle when making a bush compass you rub it back and forth on a bit of silk....

Go lycra mate, no worries. ..:biggrin:

Are you sure its a static shock? According to what you read, 'wood' is considered neutral (or so marginally negative it may as well be neutral) as described in the triboelectric series. This series basically tells you which material is likely to give up either positive or negative charges if they were rubbed together. Hence wood is most often an insulator against charge so, its unlikely you are experiencing a static shock in my opinion.

Perhaps its actually a nerve related condition in your arm. A little like the joke where a 'blonde' goes to the doctor with pain everywhere on her body where she touches, and the doctor says, "you have a broken finger!" I have had pins and needles in the lower half of my left hand for 2 1/2 years now (in the area from the middle finger down to the edge of my hand), due to a trapped ulnar nerve somewhere in my forearm. I feel the pins most of the time, sometimes much less, and other times its really aggravated by activity of whatever sort.

So, perhaps its your body and not static? Just my thoughts...

Personally, never experienced such a shock. Growing up, i used to pay frequent visits to my grandparents living upcountry and i'd get involved with such activities but never at any single time did i experience such a shock as the one you mentioned.