Upgrade of saw carriage

teed

I have a new saw carriage for my chainsaw, its standard on M7 and M8 but option to my Farmers.

The idea is to use that when I take the sawmill where there is no power.

So I hope it works better then original and not so tiring for my hands.

I hope you like it, and please give me feedback on the video.

My wife got tired of watching the saw movies :confused1: so I do not get any feedback before I upload.

And it is the best way to get better

[ame]

[/ame]

What are the differences between new and old ? I think that would have been better to explain in the video.

I can not believe that your wife could be bored of watching milling videos

Absolutely true, sat and wondered if I'd take the old saw carriage in the movie but chose not to do so.

But believe it was the wrong decision and you are absolutely right.

Do not understand my wife ... Milling movies are the best

Really enjoy your videos and admire the camera work, but I must ask - why did you go for an M8 rather than a small bandmill? With all the different heads/attachments, you must be up to bandmill money, and it's a good deal slower and more limited.

Just a question, not a criticism!

Really enjoy your videos and admire the camera work, but I must ask - why did you go for an M8 rather than a small bandmill? With all the different heads/attachments, you must be up to bandmill money, and it's a good deal slower and more limited.

Just a question, not a criticism!

It is probably true that it is the same price as a band sawmill.

But there are some things to think about. If we're talking money the price level is the same as the cheaper chinesiska band sawmills, and my sawmill I think is in top quality of the chain sawmill.

I think the speed is the same on electric saw as a band sawmill.

It gets a little bigger cuts with chain 6mm to 2mm with a band saw, not a huge difference.

It is very much easier to sharpen the chain against the bandsaw blade.

But I totally agree the question is justified

and I believe many would choose bandsaw

J, I'm with teed on this one, Ihave both an M7 and a band mill, both have there places, the M7 is so much more mobile, I have taken it into the middle of plantations on the sides of hills down here in the SW of scotland, and taken the milled timber out ready for use, yes the band mill is quicker, but at a cost, the timber usually requires to be planed for anything other than a rough sawn finish, whearas with a carefully sharpened chain, the M7 produces an almost smooth finish, ( this negates the old argument about bigger kerfs, how much do you loose planning timber ?), teed is in the very lucky situaton of having a 3phase supply at hand, and thus able to use the electric version of logosols mill, this cuts as quick as a bandmill. if not quicker (5KW motor !!!)it has to be seen to be believed, plus the autofeed, it makes for very quick, precise sawing, teed also has one other option , should he choose, the bandmill which logosol produce for the M7/M8 and farmers mill, this again is 3phase, the only reason which prevented me going down this route, not too many big red sockets in the forests in scotland....lol...

keep up the good work Teed, the videos are excellent

Just seems quite labour intensive and slow to me. I appreciate that the finish is good, but a well sharpened band leaves much the same finish.

For the money, I just reckoned a small, well thought out bandmill would be more productive. The 6mm kerf seriously limits cut speed as with 5kw being the maximum motor size (I presume), you've three times as much sawdust to remove for each cut, with a motor that is as small as anything you'd find on a bandmill.

Either way, I enjoy your videos Teed, and it's nice to see a different perspective.

5kw engine I have is the smallest, guessing that the most commonly sold are on 8kW. I never thought that cutting speed is of great significance since it everything else that takes time. Today, it takes about 20 seconds to cut a 4m log and if it would take 15 or 30 does not matter. After that there is the stacking of timber and log handling that takes time for me