Robbing toe rags ripping off clients

benedmonds

Over the years I have often been appalled by stories, generally from little old ladies who have been ripped off, but today was a new one.

I quoted to undertake some works at a client who we have been visiting for over ten years. She is in her 90's lives alone and can't move around easily, her son now shows me round, we discuss the works and I send a written quote, we then fix a date do the job and leave and invoice.

Well the day after I had visited some unmentionable turns up at the door claiming to be from Canopy and needing a £60 deposit before we can do the works. She gives them all she has which is £30.. and says they will be back later for the rest.

It might only be £30 but the psychological damage to her and the way it is going to leave her feeling vulnerable makes me mad.. How can these people sleep an night?:sneaky2:

Did a quote the other day for elderly couple both with varying degrees of dementia, I was dealing with their son. He told me that one tree firm had quoted thousands for tree work the results of which was a shoddy crown lift and a pile of branches in the garden. Hard to believe how low some people are. Thankfully they are the minority.

Sorry to hear this fella . These rip off merchants are everywhere nowadays ?

I guess they wouldn't be to happy if you rocked up and robbed anything off them .

What a song and dance they would make . Two faced beggars .

Me personally I would refund the £ 30 notes as a good will gesture . Make sure that the lady of the house is to deal with you and only you . Anyone else turns up purporting to be you or from you company let her know to call 999 .

I take it the Boys in Blue have been informed. It may help with building a case. These people are truely the lowest form of scum, perhaps we should swap them for Syrian refugees?

Certainly worth contacting the local media to draw attention to what occured.

If some one has a cure for the travelling scrap metal collecting community? I'd be welcome to suggestions.

Chris