Oh dear !...

TORNADOS7

Well I have to say that as of today my opinion of Stihl has dropped through the floor, I went to my local dealer looking for a possible purchase and to say I was disappointed is a bit of an understatement !...

Sat on the shelf looking rather sorry for itself with un-trimmed plastic mouldings and oil dripping from around the bar oil filler cap was a brand spankers 'Ms170' a model that I've spent many a happy hour snedding and logging with, what the feck has happened to the Stihls of old !...

Looks like 'Husky' for me from here on in then, or at least until Stihl get their finger outta their arse and start doing a bit (actually read that as a lot) of much needed QC !...:thumbdown:

• 4 months later...

In injection moulding blisters and bubbles are caused by trapped gas. Do not be confused with voids which are caused during shrinkage and are a vacuum.

1. Moisture (steam, splay) inside resin not properly dried.

2. Reduce charge RPM.

3. Trapped Air

a) Check and clean all parting line vents and make sure they are open and

clean.

b) Check for proper and adequate venting on the cavity, core and runner.

c) Check for over-clamping. Reduce the clamp pressure to the minimum amount

necessary.

d) Remove or reduce suck-back.

e) Increase back pressure to 'squeeze' air trapped between pellets out of the

melt and out through the hopper.

f) Change the direction of polymer flow to avoid air entrapment.

I cant say Im at all impressed with some of the stuff turned out by Stihl, the 261 & 362 both have clutch bearing problems, which continues to pop up now and again in the forum

My own has had a few things replaced which should have lasted longer so they're not on my list either.

N