Not really Arb But Forestry

oakleaf50

Criminal to see all those thousands of ton of timber still in the wood loosing weight everyday untll the lorry pick it up.

its taken 50 years to grow the crop to which the timber is drying out at about 10% a week.

Payment through the head would solve that. Once you get 2 big forwarders in there running 18 hours a day that will shift. I doubt in the Scottish weather you'd get 10% a week mositure loss on a 3.7 log.

Payment through the head would solve that. Once you get 2 big forwarders in there running 18 hours a day that will shift. I doubt in the Scottish weather you'd get 10% a week mositure loss on a 3.7 log.

Well by the look of the brashmat it been felled a while already, so the immediate moisture has evaporated already, who is to say how many forwarders will be there, only one i can see, and why is the forwarder so far behind with forwarding, the smaller stuff like chip and biomass will probably loose more than 10% week,

If i was the woodland owner or the contractor i wouldnt be happy to see my profits go up in thin air... who would.

Well by the look of the brashmat it been felled a while already, so the immediate moisture has evaporated already, who is to say how many forwarders will be there, only one i can see, and why is the forwarder so far behind with forwarding, the smaller stuff like chip and biomass will probably loose more than 10% week,

If i was the woodland owner or the contractor i wouldnt be happy to see my profits go up in thin air... who would.

10% a week i wish

10% in a week!

So by put a lorry load off for a week u would save £120 ish!

Optimistic with that

Criminal to see all those thousands of ton of timber still in the wood loosing weight everyday untll the lorry pick it up.

its taken 50 years to grow the crop to which the timber is drying out at about 10% a week.

:thumbup1:

Payment through the head would solve that.

Bring it on! About blinkin time.

10% a week i wish

:laugh1: