Would a PTO chipper realistically fit on a landy?

GTS

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! That's a fun bit of engineering, like you say though, fairly useless.

If you could spin the chipper and chip into a trailer it would be a pretty versatile bit of kit. Many off road jobs you leave the chip so space not an issue in those cases. If you towed a 3.5 ton tipping trailer you could actually legally carry much more then a standard LR110 TW150 combo..

the main issue as I see it is the hopper height. I have never noticed that you can feed that chipper from the side... that might work. Has anyone used it?

Edited by benedmonds

If you dispense with the chip box and tow a high sided 3.5 ton trailer (2t + payload) you have a 'small' rig which complies with VOSA regs when well loaded.

Just need to get young drivers up to the right towing license level of employ old gits.

Nearly forgot - you also have the reliability of a land rover!!

Bugger, Ben beat me to it.

I dont see whats wrong with the idea, A landy just towing a chipper is going to have to poke up with going away with one ton max on board. If a PTO chipper is mounted on the back and all the useful left over space utilised for tool storage it can with a pull out drawbar legally chip 2.5 ton into a tipping trailer.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=182396&stc=1&d=1431975372http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=182397&stc=1&d=1431975372

LR2.JPG.4dbbd720e3f58d53a233e21d98810632.JPG

8242455ca019d3146d6605b35a9f75b5.jpg.8eca542862b03f171be7c508b9da3d20.jpg