medium size grinder

openspaceman

Does a grinder that meets my mate's requirement for something bigger than the old Dosko and without the transport problems of a large Carlton:

around one tonne but less than 1200kg for transport

all wheel drive or rubber tracked

50hp diesel

Cuts to 40cm below ground

direct drive

If there is one that meets the criteria is it any good?

I suspect if you had one that met those criteria it would be bloody good.

The 50 hp requirement will probably break it through the 1200 kg barrier.

Hopefully someone may know of a machine that gets close.

Does a grinder that meets my mate's requirement for something bigger than the old Dosko and without the transport problems of a large Carlton:

I am sure dean at bandit will have something.. He lent us a couple for a week and are so far happy with the 2450 xp. It is only 44hp but otherwise fulfils your criteria.

http://banditchippers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2450-flyer.pdf

Not as powerful as you want and belt driven but I've been impressed with the predator 28 diesel on tracks.

We've had one at work for something like a couple of years now and it's been really good. It's never going to be as fast as one of the big carltons but it's easy to forget it's only 28 hp as it's reallly torquey.

Vermeer SC372 would meet most those requirements just the engine size is 37hp. Again anything around 50 starts putting you around 1.5t

Yes it looks like he'll have to compromise on power, this vermeer also meets the depth criteria wherea the bandit doesn't. Warranty looks good too.

Have you used one?

Yes it looks like he'll have to compromise on power, this vermeer also meets the depth criteria wherea the bandit doesn't. Warranty looks good too.

Have you used one?

No not used one yet, I had the sc60tx. Paul Doyle at VermeerUK would probably know someone near you that runs one.

around one tonne but less than 1200kg for transport

all wheel drive or rubber tracked

50hp diesel

Cuts to 40cm below ground

direct drive

We offer the Bandit 2550xp as a 4WD or tracked machine, tracked machine weighs 1.1 Tonnes, cuts to 40cm, 45hp turbo, hydraulic drive, radio remote, hyd dozer blade.

The wheeled model is basically the same but 4WD, dual wheels & cuts to 39cms.

We offer the Bandit 2550xp as a 4WD or tracked machine, tracked machine weighs 1.1 Tonnes, cuts to 40cm, 45hp turbo, hydraulic drive, radio remote, hyd dozer blade.

The wheeled model is basically the same but 4WD, dual wheels & cuts to 39cms.

Spec sheet for the wheeled 2550 only shows a depth of 34 cms which is a couple of inches less than required.