Tw150 tracked preoblems

Nook

Hello to the Guru's of the ether.

My chipper Timberwolf 150 tracked (2004) is refusing to play the game.

It starts, if a bit reluctantly, will go up to speed but after maybe 20-30 seconds shuts off. This happens both on track and chip setting. The Hbox is not flashing for a fault, it was running fine 2 days ago no coughing or spluttering, not starved of fuel. The only thing I did was clean the air filter.

Any ideas would be appreciated, in the mean time I think I'm going to go John Cleese on it with a stick.

Thanks,

Dave

Are there good connections at the fuel solenoid? I don't know what engine this machine has, but we had electrical issues with a lombardini with a corroded terminal on the solenoid. Another issue I came across was a faulty water temp sensor, machine would start but died after 20-30 seconds. Disconnecting the single wire to he sensor identified the problem even though the control box wasn't showing a temp. fault

i would look at the fuel side. i had a similar problem.

start the machine fine runs but then so much crud was in the filter it would start to get sucked in and that would kill the machine. once the vacuum has gone some of the crud floats away from the filter- letting you start it again- and then it all starts again.

TW tanks seem to suffer with crud getting in. For a while I thought it was the lads being sloppy with the cans but after taking a tank off one of the chippers I noticed the rain and dust was getting in under plate on the tank. The seal under the filler flange on the tracked chipper cant cope with the distortion of the plastic tank so lets in debris/water . On the smaller TW the tank flange is set down in a recess and the same thing happens. I have tried gagging it with silicone but that just falls apart after a while. I now just take them off and clean them out periodically, I have also fitted those in line clear plastic throw away filters so you can visually see the problem prior to it conking out. Ring Automotive In-Line Fuel Filter Large mm | Components | Screwfix.com

Bob

000_0103.jpg

Edited by aspenarb

Thank you for all your responses, it did get up and running in the end this afternoon and stayed working for an hour and a half and cleared the brash pile from yesterday. Beating it with a stick seemed to help!

It would seem the majority reckon fuel so I'll get some new filters in there. It gets me a bit that none of the filters are clear so you can see whats on. Are those clear ones ok for diesel Bob?

Might pay to clear out the tank to as its now 10 yrs old.

Barely got time to fart at the minute so can live without it!

Anyone know a good mobile mechanic around Dartmoor?

Thanks again, Arbtalk is a cracking place!

Ok on diesel, I buy them buy the bag and fit them on everything, even the telehandler.

image.jpg1_zpslpvroll5.jpg

They have a stepped inlet pipe so you just trim it off to go to the next size of pipe. They are worth fitting because if something conks out you can eliminate the fuel at a glance. Worth noting they are directional.

image.jpg2_zpsumbp9jdy.jpg