Taxing issue

Saw-sick Steve

Got a 30 year old Zetor which I use mainly to power the log splitter and do a bit of flailing with - antway, pont is it never goes on the road nowadays or leaves the holding. Saturday morning, I received a letter from DVLA informing me that said tractor was out of insurance (i know!!!) and I hadn't declared it SORN and was therefore liable for a £100 fine - no warning, no reminder through the post, nothing and of course as everyone here knows, it's impossible to speak to anyone directly if you want to contest a decision!

What to do - pay up, declare it SORN and not pay, or contest it? If I SORN it, does this mean I have to repeat the procedure every year for the rest of the vehicle's life, meaning I'm liable for another fine if they don't issue a reminder? :confused1: Anyone had similar run ins with our 'inflexible friends'?

I do believe that you have to re-sorn said vehicle every year.

Had a similar thing with a car absolutely no ley way what so ever.

So would presume it's the same for everything with a log book??? I do stand to be corrected tho

:-)

Bob

Are you standing ?:lol:

They have finally seen sense and anything now declared as SORN is until you tax it or scrap it.

SORN it and pay the fine, you've no choice really. Obviously if they've your contact details then you're the registered keeper and it should have been either taxed or SORN'ed anyway, and as stated at least now if you SORN a vehicle you only do it once.

I've a collection of older type motorcycles and used to have to re-SORN them all every year. An absolute pain just to keep people in a job!

So at least one change for the better I have to concede to the Tories!