Milled English Walnut

WADKIN

Stunning timber there Andy. Nice to actually see Steve's mill cutting too - I've had plenty of timber from him, but never been there for the cutting. That said, I'm there at the start of next month cutting some elm with him.

How much of the walnut did you end up getting out of that orchard?

Hi Jonathan

Its good to see, they get through logs at a rate of knots with steve sitting there flicking away at a couple of joysticks.

The orchard was a bit dissapointing really, only had 4 sticks in the end, the rest too sappy, still got to get them over as the ground is too wet for uplifting. Still managed to get through just under 700hopus on friday of the stuff so no great rush.

Steve told me you had some elm there, not enough up you way then, lol

Hi Jonathan

Its good to see, they get through logs at a rate of knots with steve sitting there flicking away at a couple of joysticks.

The orchard was a bit dissapointing really, only had 4 sticks in the end, the rest too sappy, still got to get them over as the ground is too wet for uplifting. Still managed to get through just under 700hopus on friday of the stuff so no great rush.

Steve told me you had some elm there, not enough up you way then, lol

I've got bloody loads of the stuff - had nearly 2000 hoppus of mostly elm through the mill in the last 6 weeks. I just can't turn down good elm when it pops up in England. One stem is from Pontefract (36" diameter Wheatley Elm, nice log) and the other two from near Huntingdon. All of it is going down to Cornwall.

Hi Big J how will all that elm get to cornwall would the lorry be going down the 303 at some point and if so do you think there is any chanse I could get 2/3 boards ,there is a very convenient services I could meet at what do you think if that could be done that would be ace .

Thanks Mark