Transit chip box

dicky

I've got a transit tipper single cab. I'm going to make a separate lock up bolted to chassis by cab. I'm trying to keep the weight down. Is there any need for barn doors? I think tail gate would be ok but thoughts appreciated. Would 2mm steel sheets be thick enough to stand the test of time and stray lumps of wood. I plan to crease the edges but trying to keep steel boxing down.

What do people think?

Cheers

It's a tail lift /. Tipper so if it's a small load the tail lift folds in half ( I don't need to get out to tip load ) if iv got a good load on ill put tail lift up fully ( about same hight as the sides ) iv also got tabs welded on the side of tipper body that over lap doors on tool box so the tool box can only be open if body's tipped up a few inches better then a padlock, at the moment the truck having a mk7 front end put on and a respray in frozen white

Its worth checking out Ebay under tipper bodies because chip boxes do turn up. The one on the transit which came complete with subframe and telescopic ram , I got for about £300 so even after collecting it if tou value your time it was under £500.That has a separate tool compartment.

Bob

imagejpg2_zpsa077fe4b.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsa0f7e7da.jpg

• 3 months later...