Problem with Haix protector pros

jamesd

I've always worn Haix protector pros and my last set lasted almost 4years so can't complain. But I've only had my new pair for just over a year now and have noticed that some of the kevlar seems to have slipped down the boot so that there is a large lump just above my right foot before the toe cap starts.

I was just wandering if anyone else has had a similar issue with them? I'm wandering whether or not to contact Haix to be honest.

Ive had a few pairs that have done this. Nowadays they seem to last 6 months before it starts to happen. I don't think it is sawdust, I think its the material moving down, making then unbearable to wear, even if the rest of the boot has plenty of life left in it.

Ive contacted haix and had no response at all. Ive asked at the shop and they said they will contact them on my behalf, again no response. So now we have moved on to mendi to see how long they last.

Ive had a few pairs that have done this. Nowadays they seem to last 6 months before it starts to happen. I don't think it is sawdust, I think its the material moving down, making then unbearable to wear, even if the rest of the boot has plenty of life left in it.

Ive contacted haix and had no response at all. Ive asked at the shop and they said they will contact them on my behalf, again no response. So now we have moved on to mendi to see how long they last.

I'm not convinced its sawdust either, I personally believe it to be the kevlar or whatever material is in them. It happened quite quickly and at the time i was not doing much chainsaw work either.

Nobody has had any luck with contacting haix before then?

I'm not convinced its sawdust either, I personally believe it to be the kevlar or whatever material is in them. It happened quite quickly and at the time i was not doing much chainsaw work either.

No - they used to be imported by Workware (probably still are). I think if they are over 12 months old you are out of luck, otherwise I'd say take them back to whoever you bought them off.

No - they used to be imported by Workware (probably still are). I think if they are over 12 months old you are out of luck, otherwise I'd say take them back to whoever you bought them off.

:001_rolleyes: Just my luck! may try a different pair of boots then if i'm only going to get just over a year out of them before this sort of stuff happens!

I had the sole split on a pair of Protector Pros after about 18 months and got in touch with Haix via a company called WorkWare in Carlisle. End result was that I supplied them with the serial number of the boots and so received a replacement pair. :001_smile:

As monkeybusiness said, it is likely to be saw dust. It has happened to about 5 pairs of the companys haix boots and each time was sawdust. You can cut a small hole and hook the dust out. A bit of a crap job but does make them wearable again. We have now all moved on from haix to varoous other types of boot. Shame really, cos haix always used to be a good quality boot.

Could you take them back to the shop you purchased them from as they can process a claim on your behalf. Alternatively please take a picture of the boot and include the number from the outside of the tongue which is stamped into the leather and proof of purchase ie invoice with boots on and send it to [email protected]

Once received we will process a claim on your behalf.

Many thanks

Dougie.