How are people finding their new Isuzu D-Max?

Andrew Barrett

I've come across an Isuzu dealer in Cornwall (Roger Young) who are selling tipper conversion D-Max's uprated (road legally) to 3.5 ton gross vehicle weight.

I had been thinking of a Ford Ranger - which has the highest legal payload of the UK 4x4 pick ups straight from the factory - but uprated D-Max will have an extra approx. 300kg payload to play with.

So, am now thinking the Isuzu would be better for us.

However, I've noted people have mentioned a few D-Max problems on Arbtalk, so thought I'd try to collect an up-to-date view of how people are finding them in this thread before I make purchase decision (hopefully next week or two).

Many thanks in advance for your help. Arbtalk is very helpful for doing this sort of research.

Andrew

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mines in for its 12,000 service ,& a few mods & updates ,international motors are known to be good @ sorting issues out ,the ranger & dmax are rated @ 3,5t,mines an auto box ,iv had shy of 11mths ,

Hi Johny Walker. Are you happy with your D-Max - and would you get another if yours was written off tomorrow?

I'm referring to gross vehicle weight (payload) not towing ability. Ford Ranger is 3.2 ton GVW and D-Max 3.05 ton from the factory. As you say, both can tow 3.5 tons.

Hi Johny Walker. Are you happy with your D-Max - and would you get another if yours was written off tomorrow?

I'm referring to gross vehicle weight (payload) not towing ability. Ford Ranger is 3.2 ton GVW and D-Max 3.05 ton from the factory. As you say, both can tow 3.5 tons.

mines fine ,dont expect to get the mpg return living werw you are hills etc

mine returned 36,8 mpg ,that was doing 80mph on the A1.:biggrin: