massey 35 chipper??

wozza114

Hi folks anyone on here using a massey 35 to run a wood chipper something like the TW150 would it run it ok? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Chippers we use are run by 300 to 800hp so little different but if the smaller ones are anything like these take the manufactures power requirements and add 30 percent. As I remember the 35 reaches its PTO speed quite early so if your power is marginal that won't help. I would think if you were a little down on power it would slow you a lot.

I would imagine someone on here is much more familiar with small tractors driving chippers

Chippers we use are run by 300 to 800hp so little different but if the smaller ones are anything like these take the manufactures power requirements and add 30 percent. As I remember the 35 reaches its PTO speed quite early so if your power is marginal that won't help. I would think if you were a little down on power it would slow you a lot.

I would imagine someone on here is much more familiar with small tractors driving chippers

What's got 800 hp that you run mate? That's a lot of horses lol.

Hodge

What's got 800 hp that you run mate? That's a lot of horses lol.

Hodge

Its one of the chippers we hire to chip for our wood burners Built on the back of a lorry with a grab of course. Bundle of slabwood a once. Chipping seasoned timber output is about 50 tons /hr Actual not manufactures figures I will find some details tomorrow if of interest. Is it OK to name the owner. Over the years we have had several chip for us driven by different power units and we have found you do need adequate power for speed and quality. Slightly different to the chipper the OP is talking about, I guess quality would not be an issue.

We run this schiesling it's about 5-6inch and is powered either by the 24hp (once upon a time) kubota or on a 115hp deutz. When on the big tractor it just keeps going on the kubota you have to let the revs pick back up on longer branches etc but it is old school without stress control gadgets!

image.jpg.cb6b4b32e437587db852848b521b4ef8.jpg

Hi folks anyone on here using a massey 35 to run a wood chipper something like the TW150 would it run it ok? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Depends on exactly what the chipper is.

If its got no stress, in theory, it should be able to run a good size chipper, just slower than a bigger tractor.

I have used a an 8 or 9 inch bearcat pto chipper on an 82HP case without stress control. It can do it with ease. But if you are filling the feed hole to its capacity with solid log and not brash, you need to be adjusting the feed speed constantly. Otherwise it stalls. Also have run it on a 1966 plate JD710 52HP which runs it well. Whilst this doesn't answer the OP question. It shows it depends on the material you intend putting through.

I've seen an iseki 21hp compact tractor run a palax KS35 firewood processor, though it wouldn't want 300mm diameter oak putting through. It is suprising what the little ones will cope with.

The 6 inch GreenMech would run okay on an MF135 and maybe smaller. They need upwards of 25hp and hydraulic flow and return. I gave used the tipper circuit before and put return back into the neck of the filler. Check the spec at the GreenMech website..

The 6 inch GreenMech would run okay on an MF135 and maybe smaller. They need upwards of 25hp and hydraulic flow and return. I gave used the tipper circuit before and put return back into the neck of the filler. Check the spec at the GreenMech website..

One thought which 35 do you have ? I believe a good 35 X would struggle to make 30 HP at the PTO and the other models a fair bit less so read the spec carefully

Hodge that chipper is a Komptech 8010 C takes some big timber if you ever have some serious chipping to do.