4-wheel vs 2 wheel rear axles on arb-truck

BrendanTreeFeller

Twin wheels defo , my transit is a tail lift tipper & I wouldn't be without it the tail lift it has many uses but the best one is lowering on the next of chipper / ifor to stop them from being unhooked and towed away wile our backs are turned

Good luck with ya truck

Thanks all for replies and in particular Joel, there must be a hundred and one uses for a tail lift I think they're great, but I hadn't thought of that security use for a tail lift!

So based on your replies, it now looks like this particular 2 wheel back axle truck is now not an option. I've not found any others within that budget that have the 4wheel back axle ... anyone know what kind of price you'd be looking at to after fit a tail lift to a standard tipper as there are loads if them out there with 4 wheel back axle but no tail lift...

Any replies again much appreciated :)

Just save transit tipper tail lift as a serch on eBay one will come up, if an older mk 6 truck comes up ( Y reg to 06 ) you can alway put the mk7 front end on for £350 to bring up to date !!

Tail lift is also very handy for delivering logs in them IBC water tanks as there pallets on the bottom only need a cheep pallet truck

• 2 weeks later...

just a small point regarding single wheeler transits.

I have both twin and single wheeler.

The gross weight on the singles are only 3100kg

The single wheeler with alloy dropside carries more than the twin with toolstore and tipper body.

Legally we can only carry 2 bags of sugar on the twin!!!!!!!