Big saws

Andyd1606

I'm looking at my options for a large saw to purchase. I've looked at the ms880 and husky 3120 but can't afford to splash out on one of these at the moment and it won't get used that often.

I use my husky 372xp with a 24" bar to deal with most things I come across but from time to time need something with more guts and a bigger bar.

What alternatives are there out there to the stihl and husky saws which are a bit more reasonable to buy? Thanks :thumbup1:

One of these off eBay!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1395615298.855532.jpg.a42fa2bc707ef1f216693fe874ac2cde.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1395615322.834726.jpg.3ebf3eb09fe3090cc90660676a1eb1fa.jpg

Don't get much bigger than a contra, super, 070 or 090

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1395615425.816741.jpg.7c64a739eef6ee4599d5f057e4b46c88.jpg

An 050/1 or 075/6

Or maybe a 394/5xp, 390xp or 385xp or a stihl 064/066/650/660

I believe someone on here was trying to flog an 076 yesterday

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

big old stihls always sell for so much on ebay :(

Shhh! Don't tell anyone but I got that contra I turned into an 090 for £200!

Seriously, contra's can be picked up for peanuts as nobody knows enough about them, the points usually need replacing or they've been shoved in a barn for 50 years and need new rubber bits to make them go! Mines 45 years old now and still runs like an angry panzer

Shhh! Don't tell anyone but I got that contra I turned into an 090 for £200!

Seriously, contra's can be picked up for peanuts as nobody knows enough about them, the points usually need replacing or they've been shoved in a barn for 50 years and need new rubber bits to make them go! Mines 45 years old now and still runs like an angry panzer

interesting, the stihl I'd really like to get hold of is an 076av or maybe an 056av never seen a good bargain one though, everyone is after them it seems, got my saw fix for the time being now anyway in the MS461.

interesting, the stihl I'd really like to get hold of is an 076av or maybe an 056av never seen a good bargain one though, everyone is after them it seems, got my saw fix for the time being now anyway in the MS461.

Just get an 051 and mod the bugger, unless you're running over 48" the auto-oiler will supply enough chain oil

Thanks for the suggestions guys it's given me a few ideas. I've found a Husky 288 and Stihl 051 on evilbay so keeping an eye on these. I'd rather get one of these even if it's older it won't get used loads at the moment:001_smile:

288 , a mans saw ! :biggrin: