TW13/60g

treedweller

Took a 25ft cherry down yesterday and ground the stump. Hired the tw13 and a ryco stump grinder for 126 for the pair for the day which I was happy with.

When I picked the chipper up I thought here we go another mickymouse machine that you have to spoon feed straight stick to one at a time. Wrong!! When I got into the flow of feeding the brash into it I was managing full branches upto about 4" I know the machine is rated at 3" but I didn't even labour hardly. The other thing I noticed was due to the hopper angle you didn't have to try and ram the branches through either it just munched at it dragging the brash in steady away. Easy to start too with a slow steady pull, didn't do too bad on juice considering it was running most of the morning and a couple of hours in the afternoon. I chipped approx 4 cm3 with it on the day and was very pleased indeed. Down sides I would say are the solid wheels just sink on a wet lawn and this thing is 200kg, small thread like what the stump grinder had would be better. The other thing is the side eject chute. This thing can blow chips for 20ft easy so why not have a small chute so you can blow it into wheeli bin or truck/trailer??? The larger model has this!!?? All in all good quality machine would be happy to own one for smaller narrow access jobs and want to try the tw18/100g next show the model up and comes in fast tow form.