A/t tyre

tomm156

Hi all.

I am needing to replace the tyres on my hilux over the next few weeks and was wondering what to go for.

Currently has road tyres on as I haven't owned it long. I have had bfg km2 and also maxxis 764 m/t in the past on my ranger but I don't do as much off road work now so think a a/t would be more suitable.

My local has quoted me £480 for cooper at3 and £160 a corner for bfg ko2 so a fair doffrence. In the middle there are general grabber at3 for £132 a corner.

Not set on any make so any questions or experience is verry much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tomm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the General Grabbet AT (don't think they do the AT2 anymore) on my Hilux. Very happy with them and find them a good compromise between on road, off road and road noice. They're great in the rain too.

TBH don't think you will go wrong with either the BFG or GG AT tyres.

I've just replaced a couple of grabber at2 from oponeo.com

It's twice now that I've been able to get hold of at2's after they have stopped doing them - from oponeo.

As for the mileage that some people get from their tyres [emoji51] - I must be a really bad driver. Or driving 6-7 times faster! [emoji15] Not that I think that I try to drive that efficiently but...

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

As for the mileage that some people get from their tyres [emoji51] - I must be a really bad driver. Or driving 6-7 times faster! [emoji15] Not that I think that I try to drive that efficiently but

That's more the reaction I was expecting but I kid you not.:biggrin:

In fairness to yourself I'll bet you drive with more heavy loads than I do and do more towing than me. But 60k miles is a genuine claim.