Landrover 110 hcpu

Joel77

Iv had a hi cap in the yard for a wile now I got cheep as it was damaged a tree fell on and done roof screen wing n bonnet

Over the last few months Iv been getting all the parts together to fix it

Iv got all the new panels found a truckman top for it and a set of 5 brand new insa turbo special tracks a husky superwinch wide arches light gards new lights

The plan is to run this as a back up truck or for smaller jobs or off road jobs etc also towing

It's being converted to a tipper using the original hi cap body as I like the look of them and the truckman top is an ideal chip box

Once all this is done I'll be putting a 3.0 six pot bmw turbo diesel lump in it

I'll start taking a few pics as I go along.......

Auto box is perfect for a work landrover in my experience. I run a big diesel that used to eat clutches, gearboxes & uj's , fitted a ZF auto hp 22 from a range rover 3.9 . Not had a transmission problem in years :-D . Would be interesting to try a later hp24 and use an electronic controller from Ashcrofts. Most serious off road heavy vehicles are auto ;-)

Auto is nice off road I must amit, my own challenge truck is auto and has 2 transfer boxes so super low geared

I already run a 110 cherry picker so this hi cap is going to run along side that, I like the defender in manual and only want the bmw lump in there to help keep it up with modern traffic when towing, the 3.0 td puts out about 260 bhp, so over kill for what I want

Iv always got the option to chage it over if the R380 don't work out

• 2 weeks later...

The hi cap,s been dropped off at the paint shop today I should have it back next week

Then got to sort out the tipping gear & frame work I want to keep the hi cap body looking standard and also install a rear winch so thinking about removing the diesel tank and fitting one from a 90 as it sits under the drivers seat witch at the moment is wasted space this will free up a lot of space at the back end

when I removed the the rear tub today I was shocked how light it was, I can move it about on my own easy

I also need to make a new tailgate for the truck man top as the one on there is nackard I'll prob do it steel with better locking system