110 tipper build, info needed!

haforbes

Hi,

I've decided to get my old 110 back to road worthy condition through the winter. While I'm at it I'm fitting a tipping body from an Ldv. I've just put the tipping gear on and it sits very high, which I was expecting, but it looks a little too high(photo attached). Before I start making alterations, I was wondering if any other tipper owners could give me an idea of height of the bed floor from a reference point on the chassis? Rear x member would be easiest maybe..

Any help appreciated!

IMG_0084.jpg.36a2ea7ab3d76bb353355e4354098c5a.jpg

Hi,

I've decided to get my old 110 back to road worthy condition through the winter. While I'm at it I'm fitting a tipping body from an Ldv. I've just put the tipping gear on and it sits very high, which I was expecting, but it looks a little too high(photo attached). Before I start making alterations, I was wondering if any other tipper owners could give me an idea of height of the bed floor from a reference point on the chassis? Rear x member would be easiest maybe..

Any help appreciated!

It's a scissor type which does away with the need for a multi stage ram, at the expense of sitting the entire tipper bed higher.

Go with a multi stage ram to get the height reasonable

I'm about to convert a 110 hcpu to a tipper but I want to keep the landrover body and keep it to the original hight / body lines

Iv not started yet but I'm going to thin the tipper body frame down so it sits in between the landrover chassis

I think choosing the right tipper gear is important there's a few different types

Once I start I'll put a few pics up

I think they just use some silicon flex, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it

Looks a nice smart conversion still looks factory, probably going to look in to a new smaller Ram & Pump as the transit ones look a bit big for this style of tipper

Denz, there lovely conversions you've done and afther looking at a couple of old transit tipper body's Iv been "saving" for a conversion Iv realised there useless, like you say pay an extra few quid out and get a proper Ram

Not all transits have that crappy scissor lift mechanism, alas mine does and it struggles with 1.5 ton :thumbdown: