New Tipper

donnk

My new daily tipper has finally arrived!

MxBoAyZ.jpg

Now for the long list of mods that need doing, adding tool boxes (behind crane hence the space), airbag suspension, sliding headboard etc.

The crane is great 2ton lift on shortest just under a ton full stretch (lifts a jumbo bag full stretch).

Can legally carry 1.5ton and has a train weight of 7000kg so no worries pulling the 3 ton digger. Has an uprated 8ton ram as the last one I had struggled when there was 3 ton of wet type 1 on the back.

Have to say the ZF 8 speed auto box is brilliant, with 170 horses under the bonnet she has plenty of go in her. Does seem odd sitting at 70 and just under 1300 rpm.

Im not impressed with the build quality of the tipper body to be honest, couple of the welds are already showing rust. Good job its being given a coat of epoxy mastic 121.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fair few quid! good job its all writeoffable against the tax.

It's 35C17 with euro5 so none of that add blue crap.

free servicing for 3 years. 25k miles between services officially, ill stick at every 12 months though.

I got rid of our old 02 daily tipper and to be honest it was a great workhouse, thousands of tons tipped on it.

Cant beat iveco's for carrying really, class of their own as they are designed to be trucks not vans that have been adapted. Also 24x7 warranty is nice to have as they are geared up for supporting lorries round the clock.

digger is up for swopping next year, i quite like the kx71-3 ones we had on hire have been great.

My new daily tipper has finally arrived!

MxBoAyZ.jpg

Can legally carry 1.5ton and has a train weight of 7000kg so no worries pulling the 3 ton digger. Has an uprated 8ton ram as the last one I had struggled when there was 3 ton of wet type 1 on the back.

Looks good but my brochure shows the allowance for body and payload is 1548kg, how much do the craned and tipper body weigh?

Yes Iveco are indeed small lorries with their independent strong chassis.

I have a Kx71-2 which is a good powerfull machine, unfortunately my Daily isn't rated to tow it so looking to upgrade next year.

Do they do yours in 4wd? Seem to remember hearing Iveco had a 4wd tipper coming out.

That's brilliant, the transits I looked after came in at 2100 with chip body and could tow only 2.25 tonnes.

transits just not man enough to pull a max load 3500kg trailer. Borrowed a mates once and it was frightening.

7000kg train weight on the daily. I would definitely go for at least the 170 horse if you towing a digger. Can't praise the auto box enough as well, all the tesco home delivery dailys come with them as standard as its cheaper in the long run than replacing clutches dealer told me with all the stop starting, not to mention easier on the driver.