recovery services

openspaceman

I've had RAC recovery for my family for quite a few years and not made use of the service for 10 years. Now the renewal has changed terms, they will no longer cover me whilst driving a commercial vehicle.

What other options are there out there for a small personal fleet?

It looks like one can have a business recovery at about 70 quid per vehicle which will roadside repair or relay to base for each vehicle registration, but accidents excluded. Vehicles upt to 3.5 tonnes and some doubt if they will bring a trailed implement home.

What options for vehicles above 3.5 tonnes?

I get rac cover free with my Barclays account (don't think you can sign up for that one anymore) supposed to be not for commercials but I've used it several times for transits and a ldv convoy all 3.5 tonne and nothing has been said. If it changes I'll pay the extra and upgrade as found their service really good, usually someone there inside 45 mins and an hour after that a recovery vehicle to take the van to anywhere I want

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I've had RAC recovery for my family for quite a few years and not made use of the service for 10 years. Now the renewal has changed terms, they will no longer cover me whilst driving a commercial vehicle.

It looks like one can have a business recovery at about 70 quid per vehicle which will roadside repair or relay to base for each vehicle registration, but accidents excluded. Vehicles upt to 3.5 tonnes and some doubt if they will bring a trailed implement home.

I know If you are running a ford you can get 12 months as cover included with a service, service avail from 129, and it includes trailer cover and European cover, they have been doing it for quite a few years now, renew each service, but you may not be running fords! and they won't put it on anything other than, maybe of some use to u or someone

Give Autohome a ring.0800 371 280

"From as little as £5.60 a month per vehicle, Autohome Assistance can provide a full breakdown & recovery package through our very own dedicated 24 hour Control Centre offering comprehensive national coverage for both roadside assistance and recovery."

I had my campervan covered by them for a number of years & they were very efficient.

On my AA I am covered for vehicles up to 3.5gvw and a trailer. I will double check but might be worth switching.

You mention accidents, I found the AA useless when lever we've been immobilised due to a crash. They pretty much washed their hands of it - they cover 'breakdowns' not 'accidents' apparently.