Pick-up speed limits

kevinjohnsonmbe

Has anyone tried to untangle this before -

What is the speed limit for pick-ups?

Is it 50/60/70 as a dual purpose vehicle or is it 40/50/60 as a light commercial?

It would appear from the article, old I know but it seems to replicate various other sources of internet wisdom, that so long as <2040kg unladen, 50/60/70 applies.

Watch your speed in the farm pickup - Farmers Weekly

Tech spec for new Hilux shows 1975 - 2165kg, so is it less than 2040 or not? A question for the dealership tomorrow.

597671cddfff0_ScreenShot2016-09-12at18_59_45.jpg.311e6c5eb97f696903fe54ac7f8de20d.jpg

My parents neighbours son just got done doing 70mph in a Peugeot boxer (or similar) he was doing 70 and should have been doing 60 on the m1 between leeds and Sheffield. Certainly made me drop my speed in the ranger and the transit! However my ranger is fitted with a tipper so not really an easy argument that it isn't commercial!

My parents neighbours son just got done doing 70mph in a Peugeot boxer (or similar) he was doing 70 and should have been doing 60 on the m1 between leeds and Sheffield. Certainly made me drop my speed in the ranger and the transit! However my ranger is fitted with a tipper so not really an easy argument that it isn't commercial!

Bang to rights in a box van without rear windows, I'm sure that's 40/50/60.

The snag comes with ANPR, registered vehicle details cross checked to database, if "commercial" auto print a ticket!

Modern policing!

Bang to rights in a box van without rear windows, I'm sure that's 40/50/60.

You would be wrong.

In England & Wales

vans (under 7500kg & not articulated) same as cars in 10-20-30-40 & 50 zones

Single carriage way national speed limit 50

Dual carriage way national limit 60

M way 70

Towing

same as cars in 10-20-30-40 & 50 zones

M way 60

3 or more lanes not allowed in outer most lane

Vans over 7500kg

same as cars in 10-20-30-40 & 50 zones

M way 60

Dual carriageways are not defined by having two lanes.

All traffic on them must be going the same way & a physical divider or barrier between traffic flow. DC's can have one lane in each direction. SC can have multiple lanes in each direction.

Different rules in Scotland

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Prob on the road works as he is allowed to do 70 as he is not over 7500kg or articulated / towing.

Just spotted that the link to the FW is 4 years old & there is not a single comment. Suggesting that the article was a fishing exercise that came up short.

The double / single 2040kg is a red herring.

Thats to do with Operators licences / Tacho's