B1+ E to C1+E

benedmonds

If you have a B1 plus E (3.5 ton tow 3.5) and then do a C1 (7.5) do you get C1 (7.5)+E or the C1 E with 107(max MAM 8.25)?

or are you restricted to a 750kg trailer if driving a truck over 3.5tons unless you do a C1+E test?

I have tried looking though other threads but they are full of other discussion and did not find an answer..

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed you need to do c then E to be able to tow as just looked into this.

as a point do not do C1 which is 7.5t

you may as well do C which is up to 18T very very similar and barely a difference in price ultimately C1 is only there for pre 97 licences that got the rights as been old rights

I thought this was the case, but could not find it written anyplace..

I was hoping you might get the 107 clause so be limited to 8250 as that is acceptable..

I have seen the C1 for £1150 including theory and medical. It is also only a 2 day course.. When you are paying employees to do training costs soon spiral if they are out of work for any length of time..

You don't have to do c1 you can jump straight to c which as has been said let's you drive any weight rigid. My guess is the price difference will be negligible and then do c+e and you or your employee can drive anything. Means even if you don't run big trucks you can hire one for a massive job.