Ranger and Dealer woes.

PeteB

GreenMech brought 5 Rangers and one went to a close firm and we run 3x2.2 and 1X3.2 all came from Bristol Street in Redditch. We have one new engine, one new oil pump, one new slave cyclinder, three windscreens and now a dpf. The height adjustable seats sink, buttons on the steering wheel don't work and a faulty radio. Tyre wear isn't good and fuel economy varies across the range! The supplying dealer wasn't good at the sales side, with missed appointments and lack of communication, parts people who were completely unreliable and uncommunicative and the service people don't do what they say they'll do. The tell me that my dpf has broken internally and it shouldn't yet want over a grand to change it! Needless to say, we won't be bothering them for new trucks again.

Rant over!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no* (substituted for a less polite word)

Last week I had test drive of DMax & Ranger. DMax not a contender but pretty impressed by Ranger.

Doing Hilux tomorrow but it seems high on the pricing and still at 3.2 tow.

Do you mind if I quote your rant (anonymously) to Ford dealer??

Why is the dmax not a contender? I've done 16k in mine this last year without issue and significantly cheaper than most other pick ups

Why is the dmax not a contender? I've done 16k in mine this last year without issue and significantly cheaper than most other pick ups

Currently running a 110 Utility SW (08) at 92K. It's time to let it go. I was in for a Utah double cab test drive. Can't fault it for 5yr warranty, 3.5 tow, price comparison, spec and (pre-sales) dealer cooperation. Trouble is, I just didn't take to it - didn't 'like' it.... I know that's counterintuitive, illogical, subjective.... But I also knew I'd regret it every day and never 'enjoy' driving it.

In almost every way, it goes against what might be 'sensible', but I can't do it.

Yes, dealer conversation today was along those lines, it's plated 3.2 now, but likely to be 3.5 soon. No good it you buy it at 3.2 because it wouldn't apply retrospectively. No difference in chassis apparently, just plated like that - someone dropped a bullock there?

I'm not going to worry about lead time to deliver, just rent/lease a filler in the meantime so might well be worth hanging out for a few months and see if the plate weight changes to 3.5

Agree, Hilux looks to be at the top of the price range for the like-for-like competition.

Friend of mine had his brand new 66 plate ranger delivered last friday. Its already let him down twice and this morning the dealer offered to "hire" him a transit connect. You can imagine how that went down. The top on the back leaks like a sieve and the back door also has a leak when it drizzled with rain on Saturday.

My advice - DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING A NEW FORD RANGER!!

Friend of mine had his brand new 66 plate ranger delivered last friday. Its already let him down twice and this morning the dealer offered to "hire" him a transit connect. You can imagine how that went down. The top on the back leaks like a sieve and the back door also has a leak when it drizzled with rain on Saturday.

My advice - DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING A NEW FORD RANGER!!

If it's the back, isn't that a problem with the back rather than the truck? What were the other issues?? (head in hands!)

I keep toying with the idea of a new truck, but threads like this make me realise why i always end up sticking with the 110 pickup. I get that a new truck is going to cost me 20k or so, but if i'm spending that kind of money I want to tow 3.5 ton daily and for it to be able to do so for 170,000 miles and still be doing it in 18 years time like my Landrover still is all whilst costing me b*gger all in repairs. AT the moment I just can't be convinced that any of the current offerings will do so, so I think i will just hold on till neccessity forces change.